Keep your Lettuce Fresh for a Whole Week
Nothing beats fresh and healthy like a salad. But if your life is as busy and hectic like a Hollywood stars and you find it hard to find a perfect time to prepare a salad, the you’re not alone. Well lets just say that you have time, how do you keep your salad fresh? So in order to keep your lettuce salad fresh the whole week, You might want to dry this following steps:
1. Separate all the leaves of your lettuce and fill your sink with cold water. Place the leaves in the water and soak it for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water and turn on your faucet as you remove the leaves into the sink and transfer it into a basket of your salad spinner.
3. When the spinner is full but not actually tightly packed, spin your lettuce until dry.
4. Drape a paper towel over the top of a bowl of salad, and then cover it with plastic wrap to keep the lettuce fresh for a whole week! If you're wondering how this works, here it is: The dry paper towel absorbs the moisture that rises up off of the lettuce, and this is one of the main reasons why lettuce wilds and becomes soft and soggy so fat.
5. You can now store your lettuce in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Using this process you can keep your lettuce crisp and delicious for much much longer. It's important also to get your lettuce as dry as possible in the first place, this will help to preserve your lettuce and keep it crisp in your fridge, fresh and yummy. Now that you already have a new technique of storing your lettuce, what should you do with it now? It might be a good time if you’ll check this link and try some of her delicious salad recipes http://www.grandmotherskitchen.org/recipes/index.php?q=salad&Submit=Search.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Grandmother's Kitchen